For a subscription of £35 a year (£10 for students) you will receive regular updates on UKSBM activities, reduced rates for attending meetings, affiliate membership of International Society of Behavioural Medicine and electronic access to the International Journal of Behavioral Medicine and the Journal of Behavioral Health Services and Research (subscribers click here for full access).
UKSBM membership categories
Membership status is awarded to individuals based on the information provided on their application. Individual memberships are not transferable. Membership does not certify competence in behavioural medicine and cannot be used as an indication of competence in any representation to the public. Full and student members have the right to vote on the main policy or administrative issues of the UKSBM.
Full membership confers the privilege of voting and holding office. The requirements of full membership are a) that the member is resident in, a citizen of, or working in, the United Kingdom and b) completion of an undergraduate degree and/or completion of relevant clinical training. Commercial conflicts of interest may be considered with regard to committee membership.
Student/Trainee membership is reserved for those who are enrolled in a course of accredited study or training, full-time or part-time. Student/trainee members pay a reduced fee. The supervisor/tutor must sign the application form to verify status at the time of membership application/renewal each year. Part-time students who are concurrently employed in a clinical capacity are not eligible for student membership.
Associate membership provides membership for those who agree with the purpose and objectives of the UKSBM but who do not meet the requirements of full membership. Associate members do not have voting or office-holding privileges. Membership fee is the same as full membership.
Private or commercial organizations judged by the governing body to be supporting the goals of the UKSBM may become a Benefactor.
Why join the UKSBM?
- Membership provides an exciting opportunity for interdisciplinary cross-fertilisation and exchange of ideas between behavioural scientists working in different disciplines. UKSBM has a specific focus on the importance of behaviour in health and medicine.
- Membership represents excellent value for money. The cost is £35 for full membership and £10 for students.
- Members receive free electronic access to both the International Journal of Behavioral Medicine and the Journal of Behavioral Health Services and Research
- Members pay reduced rates for UKSBM conference registration.
- The next UKSBM conference will be held in Oxford on the 9th and 10th of December 2013
- As a UKSBM member you become an affiliate of the International Society of Behavioral Medicine (ISBM)
- ISBM hosts an excellent biennial meeting – usually held in August each year. Recent venues have included Bangkok, Tokyo, and Washington. The next meeting will be held in Europe, in Groningen, the Netherlands in 2014.
- Early career researchers (including students) get access to the Society’s Early Career Network, which provides peer-support, mentoring, and education to society members.