Dr Rosie McEachan has been elected as the new Membership Secretary for the UKSBM, taking over from outgoing Membership Secretary Susan Hrisos. Many thanks to Susan for her years of dedication and hard work, over which time the Society’s membership has increased substantially. Any enquiries concerning membership should now be directed to Rosie.
Health Psychology Review has been accepted into the Social Sciences Citation Index®. This recognises the high quality content published and the fundamental role that the journal plays in the field of health psychology and behavioral medicine. The journal will likely be granted its first impact factor soon. Currently the unofficial impact factor stands at 1.333 and it is expected to climb.
For the month of February 2012, free online access is provided to the most highly cited paper of 2012 so far: Prospective prediction of health-related behaviours with the Theory of Planned Behaviour: a meta-analysis.
Health Psychology Review (HPR) is the first review journal in health psychology and behavioral medicine. This new international forum, edited by a highly respected team, provides a leading environment for review, theory, and conceptual development. HPR contributes to the advancement of the discipline of health psychology and allied disciplines such as medicine and psychology. Conceptual, theoretical, and empirical review submissions including systematic reviews and meta-analyses from authors in all areas of health psychology and behavioral medicine are welcomed.
The UKSBM is seeking nominations for the post of Membership Secretary of the UKSBM to join the Society’s Executive Commitee. The Membership Secretary is responsible for managing Society membership applications and renewals, for maintaining the membership database, and for circulating messages to members as needed.
The deadline for nominations is Friday 3 February 2012 at 5pm.
If interested, please contact Jean Adams (General Secretary).
Abstracts are welcomed for the 2012 International Congress of Behavioral Medicine, Budapest, Hungary, August 29 – September 1, 2012.
Abstract submission deadline is January 15th, 2012.
For more information: 2012 ICBM Announcement (pdf)
- 15 September, 2011 On-line abstract submission opens
- 15 December, 2011 (extended) Tutorial workshop submission deadline
- 15 January, 2012 On-line abstract submission closes
- 16 January, 2012 Rapid communication poster submission opens
- 15 March, 2012 Abstract acceptance notification
- 1 April, 2012 Early Career Award application deadline
- 1 May, 2012 Early bird registration, Rapid communication poster submission closes
- 21 May, 2012 Rapid communication poster submission acceptance
- 15 August, 2012 Regular registration
Confirmed Keynote Addresses:
- Jean Claude Mbanya, Cameroon (International Perspectives in Diabetes Prevention, Treatment & Care
- Irina Todorova, Bulgaria (Cancer Screening Health Disparities & Reproductive Health)
- Neil Schneiderman, USA (Cardiovascular Behavioral Medicine: Basic Research, Population Science & Clinical Trials)
Confirmed Master Lectures:
- John Cacioppo, USA (Social Neuroscience: The Impact of Social Connections on Biological Mechanisms & Health)
- Yan Guo, China (Health Equity, Reproductive Health & Nutrition)
- Harold Snieder, Netherlands (Genetic Epidemiology of Common Diseases of Aging)
- Linda Carlson, Canada (Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction Interventions in Cancer)
- Tamás Freund, Hungary (Control of Cortical Inhibition and Excitation by Endocannabinoids: Novel Insights into Anxiety and Epilepsy)
- Paula Repetto, Chile (Psychosocial Determinants of Smoking in Latin American Youth)
Tutorial Workshops: A variety of tutorial workshops in topics such as Randomized Clinical Trials, Advanced Statistical Methods, Health Behavior Change & Internet Based Interventions will take place immediately preceding the Congress on Wednesday, August 29th.
Social Programme: Welcome Reception with Cultural Program, Danube River Banquet (optional), Optional Tours, Closing Ceremony
Early Career Awards: The Congress will award several early career awards to assist with travel and lodging.