UKSBM is looking for members to join a working group to explore the possibility of hosting the International Congress of Behavioural Medicine in the UK in 2018. The working group will liaise with the International Society for Behavioural Medicine as well as the UKSBM executive. Some members should be able to attend the upcoming ICBM in Budapest in 2012. Please contact Jean Adams, the UKSBM General Secretary, for more information or to express your interest in joining the group.
Call for members of a working group to explore UKSBM hosting the International Congress of Behavioural Medicine
Two-day course sponsored by the UKSBM: “Using Motivational Enhancement Techniques to Change Behaviour: A Practical Introduction for Health Professionals”
A two-day course on the use of Motivational Enhancement Techniques for healthcare professionals will be held on 9th-10th of February 2012 at the MacDonalds Hotel & Spa, Piccadilly, Manchester.
2 Day Course Outline
At the end of the programme it is expected that participants will:
- Have had the opportunity to practice and gain confidence in using the techniques of ME
- Be more familiar with key ideas used in ME
- Be able to assess readiness to change
- Be aware of the limitations of the approach
- Be aware of the need to work within the boundaries of their competence with regard to using motivation techniques with client groups
For more information, see the course flyer (doc, 792kb).
Course fee: £250 (residential) £175 (non-residential)
To request a booking form, please contact: Mrs Kim Hunter, The University of Manchester, Suite 4, Williamson Building, Oxford Road, Manchester, M13 9WLTel: 0161 306 7919 Fax: 0161 275 7600 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org