The application deadline for the 2013 UKSBM Early Career Award has been extended to 15 November 2013. The UKSBM Early Career Awards recognise and reward promising Early Career Researchers in behavioural medicine.
The selection of the Early Career Award will be based on early career achievement and review of a submitted and accepted abstract. Achievement is defined as a significant advance in the field of Behavioural Medicine, as evidenced by peer-reviewed publications, presentations and/or grant income.
The award consists of a certificate and a cheque for £100 and free registration for the UKSBM conference annual scientific meeting held the following year.
To qualify for this award, the applicant must meet the eligibility criteria listed below:
- Should be no more than 36 months past the award date of their highest degree.
- Must be a member of the UKSBM.
- Must be the lead author of an abstract of empirical work accepted for this year’s UKSBM ASM.
- Attendance at this year’s UKSBM conference is required.
The following information must be submitted:
- Abstracts will be submitted via the official abstract submission site, as listed on the UKSBM website.
- The candidate’s CV of no more than 4 pages in length.
- Any member of UKSBM may nominate a candidate for the award. Nominations (maximum of 1 page) should include an outline of why they think the candidate merits the award, and a very brief synopsis of their career, together with the names of two potential referees, who may be approached by the UKSBM Committee, but who are not from the same organisation as the nominating member.
Application Submission Information
Please note: The deadline for submission of all UKSBM 2013 Early Career Awards applications and supporting materials is 15th November 2013. All applications are to be submitted to Dr Jean Adams, UKSBM General Secretary, email@example.com, by this deadline in order to qualify as a 2013 award applicant.
Applications will be independently evaluated by three members of the UKSBM committee.